Happy at the Finish...If you wish to donate to Cancer Research UK, please click on the picture, above, Thank you.

Monday 30 August 2010

Day 13 - Beauly to Helmsdale

69 Miles covered.
Glenmorangie Distillery
Set off at 7:30, undulating terrain, roads were quite busy, especially when I joined the A9 to cross the Cromarty Firth. Route took me off the A9 into Evanton and then B roads to Alness, Invergordon and Tain. These were much quieter. There was a huge cruise ship in dock at Invergordon, right next to an oil rig, not something you expect to see in the Scottish highlands. At Tain I took a look round the Glenmorangie distillery shop. The A9 was less busy now, set off for Golspie got there too soon for lunch so carried on to Brora, where I found a good wee pub for lunch. Arrived at Helmsdale at around 2:30. I had a sleep and then looked round the village.
In the evening, I had supper in town but struggled to get a phone signal to phone Hilary and I couldn't find a public phone. Eventually one of the barmen told me to stand at the front of a ford focus in the pub car park and lo and behold, I got a signal so was able to arrange with Hilary to pick me up at John O' Groats the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment