Happy at the Finish...If you wish to donate to Cancer Research UK, please click on the picture, above, Thank you.

Friday 20 August 2010

Day 3 - Crediton to Bath

73 miles covered
Set off at 8:15 again, Hilly but not as steep as the previous 2 days, Got a bit lost and did an extra 5 hilly miles. Stopped at Wellington and had a cup of tea, getting lost had annoyed me. Wellington to Wells was pretty flat for a pleasant change but it was mostly on A roads which were quite busy. Especially the Taunton By-pass, indeed cars were passing me, not giving me much room and I tried going up onto the pavement and there was a slight kerb and the bike refused and I came off, I was just grazed and embarrassed. My left hand brake is now askew on my handlebars.
Stopped at Wells and visited the cathedral, I tried booking a B&B in Bath but my mobile phone was flat.

Wells Cathedral
There was a steep climb out of Wells on the A39 to Bath, it was very busy and I was glad to turn off after 15 miles onto a side road towards Paulton. I found a nice small inn, The Old Malt House at a place called Radford, 7 miles south of Bath.

Drizzly Rain all day, I managed to miss the heavy rain, the streets were soaking in Wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment