Happy at the Finish...If you wish to donate to Cancer Research UK, please click on the picture, above, Thank you.

Saturday 28 August 2010

Day 11 - Loch Lomond to Fort William.

60 miles covered.
Glencoe
Start off at 7:30 after 2 bowls of cereal for breakfast. I t had been raining all night but was dry when I set off, the heavens opened, 2 miles down the road. Stopped and put my overshoes on, a gradual climb for 5 miles to Crianlarich, on to Tyndrum, there was climb out of Tyndrum and a good downhill to Bridge of Orchy. From then on it was a climb up Glencoe and the road was getting busier. The scenery is great here though and there is a long downhill freewheel to Glencoe village. I had a cup of tea at Ballahulish, I continued on the pavement for 10 miles and 4 more on the road to Fort William. Arrived around 1 pm, soaked to the skin. Had a sleep and went into town and watched Man U v West Ham, surrounded by English holiday makers, supporting the team from Manchester, it was the English bank holiday weekend. I had an Indian meal for tea and got soaked walking back to the B&B.

No comments:

Post a Comment