Happy at the Finish...If you wish to donate to Cancer Research UK, please click on the picture, above, Thank you.

Wednesday 18 August 2010

John's lejog day 1 - Lands end to Nanstallon (nr Bodmin)

10 miles from Penzance to Lands End.
70 miles from Lands End to Nanstallon nr Bodmin.
V tough day with many steep hills.
Day didnt start well, I had to reinstall the front gear changer, it must have got knocked on the journey down to Penzance.
Only started from Penzance at 9am. Met a couple at Lands End who had just finished. So they took my photo beside the sign, so only started from Lands End at 10:15. Route followed the N Cornish coast then inland at st Agnes, towards Bodmin. Lunch at Portreath.
St Ives

Got to the Ruthern Valley campsite at around 6, exhausted after many hills, owner took pity on me and gave me a beer, she also waived my pitch fee, for the cause, so I will donate it to Cancer Research. A very nice campsite. Weather was cloudy but dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment