Happy at the Finish...If you wish to donate to Cancer Research UK, please click on the picture, above, Thank you.

Friday 27 August 2010

Day 10 - Tarbolton to Ardlui, Loch Lomond.

Loch Lomond
 75 miles covered.
Set off at 7:30, uphill but nice quiet road to Neilston, Neilston was the start of the route around Glasgow, which wasn't too painful. I crossed the Erskine Bridge about 40 miles in and joined the Glasgow to Loch Lomond way at Bowling, at the north side of the bridge. This took me all the way to Balloch at the south end of the loch. There is a cycle path along the west side of the loch, which I followed and this was a good decision as the A82 was very busy with tourists.

I had lunch at a nice cafe in Luss, I bought midgie repellent next door, as I was entering the land of the dreaded midge. I set off for Tarbet, unfortunately the cycle path runs out there, so I had to ride on the A82, which wasn't so enjoyablebecause of the traffic on the narrow windy road. Reached Ardlui at 15:30 and the heavens opened, actually got wet packing my bike away.

Mainly sunny day, with just some heavy showers later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment