Happy at the Finish...If you wish to donate to Cancer Research UK, please click on the picture, above, Thank you.

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Day 7 - Eccleston to Windermere

69 miles covered.
Millenium Bridge, Lancaster
8:00 start.
Bowness-on-Windermere
Poured with rain all morning, I had to shelter a couple of times, as the rain was so heavy. At Preston, there was a huge diversion, so I couldn't find a way to Garstang. After a few enquiries, a local shop owner pointed me in the right direction and eventually, I got back on track, an hour and a few miles wasted.

The rain went off at around 12 and I was in Lancaster by this time. It now started to get hilly, I had lunch at Twittefield, 20 miles from Windermere, I thought Id get to Windermere for 4 but it was 4:30. I underestimated how hilly the lake district was. I'm now half way - 494 miles up the road. I'm getting more tired every day. Bowness is very busy, thronging with tourists.

My solid gold £5 watch has now got water in it, it is still telling the time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment