Happy at the Finish...If you wish to donate to Cancer Research UK, please click on the picture, above, Thank you.

Sunday 22 August 2010

Day 5 - Bromyard to Ellesmere, Shropshire.

70 miles covered.
Shrewsbury town centre
The sun was actually out when I packed up camp and left at 7:45, 10 miles down the road at Tenbury Wells, a local cyclist was out for a Sunday morning ride to Ludlow, so he rode with me and showed me where to go so I could continue on my way to Shrewsbury, it was a pleasant hilly ride following minor roads to Shrewsbury. I passed the Acton-Scott's "Victorian Farm" and had a cup of tea at Church Stretton on the way and got to Shrewsbury around 13:00. I had lunch there and continued towards Ellesmere, again following quiet minor roads, the terrain had levelled out by now. I did miss a turning somewhere and did 2 or 3 extra miles. Got to Ellesmere around 4 and got a pretty basic room above a pub, the Red Lion. The landlord was friendly and gave me a cloth and bucket of water to clean my bike, it was filthy after all the rain from the previous days. Some of the countryside was interesting near Ellesmere as there was some canals and there is a lake nearby as well.

I ate in the pub and they had a pub quiz on, I was tempted to enter but  it would have finished too late and I was pretty tired, indeed I think they had only done 3 rounds before I hit the hay.

The landlord did give me some money off the room as I skipped breakfast, I wanted an early start the next day.
This had been the sunniest day so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment